Stewart Abstract is currently holding in-person settlements in our office with the following safety precautions:
- Settlements are limited to only the people signing the documents, realtors, and lenders.
- Please do NOT bring any children or extra family members to settlement.
- Masks MUST be worn over the mouth and nose by everyone at all times. Anyone who refuses to comply will be denied entry into Stewart Abstract and/or escorted from the building.
- Temperatures will be taken at our front office door via non-contact scanning thermometers. A person with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be denied entry, and settlement will be postponed until the person is 72 hours symptom-free.
- Physical barriers are in place in each settlement room to separate title clerks from customers.
- Tables and chairs in all settlement rooms are being thoroughly sanitized between each settlement.
- Social distancing protocol will be observed at all times for the protection of all parties.
- If anyone is feeling unwell or knows he/she has been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please DO NOT come to closing. Take steps to self-quarantine in order to protect yourself and others and seek medical attention if necessary.
If you have an upcoming transaction scheduled with Stewart Abstract, please note the following instructions for closing:
- Upon arrival at our office at your designated time, please scan the QR code with your smartphone camera to “check-in”.
- Kindly remain in your vehicle until we call you to come into our office for settlement.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!
**These procedures are subject to change at any time.
**Stewart Abstract reserves the right to refuse to close a transaction or stop a transaction in process if any circumstances are deemed dangerous or out-of-compliance with current state and federal mandates or guidelines from the CDC and WHO.