NEW SETTLEMENT PROCEDURES AND POLICIES DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
STEWART ABSTRACT is currently closed to the PUBLIC due to COVID-19. This includes both Realtors and Lenders. However, we’ve adopted the following Procedures and Policies to enable us to continue to conduct business as safely as possible:
- There will be no round table (face-to-face) closings.
- If anyone is feeling unwell or knows he/she has been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please DO NOT come to closing. Take steps to self-quarantine in order to protect yourself and others and seek medical attention if necessary.
- We are requiring Lenders to send us Loan Documents 24 hours prior closing. We will then email the loan documents to Borrowers so they have the opportunity to review them ahead of time and contact lenders with questions.
- Upon arriving for closing, Borrowers and Sellers will be asked to arrive at staggered times that will be scheduled in advance.
- Social distancing protocol will be observed at all times for the protection of all parties.
If you have an upcoming transaction scheduled with Stewart Abstract, please note the following instructions for closing:
- Closings will be held in the parking lot of our office located at 1100 Berkshire Blvd., Wyomissing, PA.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your car and call our office at 610-372-8201. Your Settlement Officer will tell you where to park to sign your documents.
- Closing documents will be brought to you by your Settlement Officer in a manila envelope. These can be signed either in the car or at a table with a canopy at the front of the building. During this process, the Settlement Officer will return to the building to maintain social distancing.
- When you have finished signing, please place all documents back into the manila envelope along with your state issued ID’s (Driver’s License) and cashier’s check for closing costs made payable to “Stewart Abstract” (if applicable).
- Please call the office and your Settlement Officer will retrieve the documents. Your Driver’s Licenses will be copied, and documents will be reviewed for accuracy.
- After review, copies will be made of completed documents and given to you along with your ID’s. Funds will then be disbursed.
- Finally, on purchase transactions, the Settlement Officer will contact your real estate agent to give them the okay to disburse the keys to the buyers.
Additional instructions will be provided to the parties the day of the closing. These changes will slow the settlement process down and it may make scheduling more difficult; however, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service during these unprecedented circumstances.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!
**These procedures are subject to change at any time.
**Stewart Abstract reserves the right to refuse to close a transaction or stop a transaction in process if any circumstances are deemed dangerous or out-of-compliance with current state and federal mandates or guidelines from the CDC and WHO.